Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A good snacking cake. There's no icing so it will travel well.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, extarct
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (or pineapple juice)
- 2 cups peeled chopped tart apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 13x9x2" baking dish.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat together eggs and sugar; stir in oil, vanilla and orange juice and mix well.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture. Fold in the.
- apples, nuts and coconut.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 325 for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.