1/1 Photo of Coconut Angel Cupcakes With Coconut Frosting
These recipe is made on a food processor, make certain to process 1-1/2 cups sugar to a fine powder before starting this recipe. You can also add in food colouring to tint the frosting to pastel shades if desired. IMPORTANT: remember to refrigerate and chill the coconut milk overnight or for a couple of days to thicken to a consistency of solid fat, then shake the can before using in this recipe. This can be baked in mini muffin tins also (makes about 24) remember to reduce baking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup soft shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup cold coconut milk
COCONUT ANGEL FROSTING
- 1Set oven to 400°F (will reduce the temperature later).
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Spray the top of the muffin tins with non-stick spray, then line 16-18 tins with paper muffin liners.
- 4In a food processor, grind the 1-1/2 cups sugar to make a fine consistency.
- 5Add in the butter and process to blend the sugar and the butter well.
- 6Add in eggs and extracts; blend well.
- 7In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 8Add to the creamed mixture and blend/pulse until combined.
- 9Add in the COLD coconut milk; blend well.
- 10Fold in the shredded coconut.
- 11With an ice cream scoop, divide the batter into prepared tins.
- 12Immediately REDUCE oven temperature to 350°F.
- 13Bake until muffins spring back when touched (about 20-25 minutes).
- 14Cool completely and frost, then garnish with coconut shreds on top of the frosting.
- 15To make the frosting: mix all ingredients adjusting the amount of confections sugar and whipping cream or half and half cream to achieve desired texture.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Angel Cupcakes With Coconut Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1686 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.1
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 66.5 mg
- Sodium 273.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 49.8 g
- Protein 3.3 g