Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These recipe is made on a food processor, make certain to process 1-1/2 cups sugar to a fine powder before starting this recipe. You can also add in food colouring to tint the frosting to pastel shades if desired. IMPORTANT: remember to refrigerate and chill the coconut milk overnight or for a couple of days to thicken to a consistency of solid fat, then shake the can before using in this recipe. This can be baked in mini muffin tins also (makes about 24) remember to reduce baking time.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup soft shredded coconut
- 3⁄4 cup cold coconut milk
COCONUT ANGEL FROSTING
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 -4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 -7 tablespoons whipping cream (unwhipped) or 4 -7 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 -2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- flaked coconut (to garnish)
- Set oven to 400°F (will reduce the temperature later).
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Spray the top of the muffin tins with non-stick spray, then line 16-18 tins with paper muffin liners.
- In a food processor, grind the 1-1/2 cups sugar to make a fine consistency.
- Add in the butter and process to blend the sugar and the butter well.
- Add in eggs and extracts; blend well.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture and blend/pulse until combined.
- Add in the COLD coconut milk; blend well.
- Fold in the shredded coconut.
- With an ice cream scoop, divide the batter into prepared tins.
- Immediately REDUCE oven temperature to 350°F.
- Bake until muffins spring back when touched (about 20-25 minutes).
- Cool completely and frost, then garnish with coconut shreds on top of the frosting.
- To make the frosting: mix all ingredients adjusting the amount of confections sugar and whipping cream or half and half cream to achieve desired texture.
Made this for a friend's wedding cake!! Everyone loved it and presented beautifully
I really want to make this but you have forgotten to put in the number of eggs needed! Please edit because this looks lovely.