Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chocolate chip cookies are like a magnet in the cookie jar! This recipe is great for lovers of white chocolate. Enjoy!
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place chopped butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat until light and creamy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Using a flat knife, mix through flours and coconut until a soft dough forms.
- Mix chocolate chips into the dough.
- Using your hands, mould two tablespoons of dough mixture into a flat round.
- Place rounds on a baking tray that is lined with non stick baking paper.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden.
- Allow to cool on trays.
This is a keepsake recipe to cherished for years. The cookies were a BIG hit with my family & friends this holiday '08.
I was looking for a recipe that didn't need brown sugar (I was out) and came across yours. I did not have desiccated coconut so I toasted and chopped regular coconut. I just sampled my first one and it is excellent! They have a real good "white chocolate" flavor (with the coconut), crispy with soft center. I used a small cookie scoop and got 25 cookies. Thanks Pietro, for posting. Roxygirl