Serve with raspberry couli.
Make and share this Coconut and Raspberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄4 cup soft brown sugar
- 250 g frozen raspberries, slightly thawed (reserve 12 for topping)
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (vanilla extract)
- 60 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut, for topping
- Preheat oven to 200°C Lightly grease 12 muffin tins.
- Sift together flour and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in coconut and soft brown sugar.
- Place raspberries in a bowl and cover with white sugar.
- In another bowl lightly whisk together the vanilla, melted butter, eggs and milk. Pour over raspberries.
- Fold egg mixture into dry ingredients and stir quickly to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins, sprinkle with coconut shreds and press one raspberry into the centre of each muffin.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly pressed.