Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe modified from shutterbean.com. Add any dried fruit of your choice: raisins, dried mango, pineapple or papaya, cranberries, etc. If desired, stir in any favorite spice(s).
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup raw almonds (we used combination of almonds and macadamia nuts)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (read *Note in directions below.)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil (not necessary to melt the coconut oil first)
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup (can sub agave syrup or honey if you prefer)
- 1⁄8 cup dark brown sugar (2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds/nuts, coconut, coconut oil, maple syrup dark brown sugar and salt; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the granola in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes stirring granola evenly every 10 minutes.
- Allow granola to cool and then stir in any dried fruit of choice. Transfer to an air tight container. We keep granola sealed well and refrigerated.
- *Note: I replaced the coconut shreds with dried mango cut up into little pieces. Dried fruit added: dried mango, raisins and dried cranberries (1/2 cup total).