Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you're bored of the usual cupcake flavors, try these pretty little cakes for something different. You'll be surprized how nicely the flavors compliment eachother.
- 1 cup sugar (I add a couple extra tbsp)
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel (optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla chip
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease/paper-line a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and peel, if using and mix well.
- Do the same with the dry ingredients in a seperate bowl then mix into the wet ingredients; stirring just until moistened. Fold in the mandarins and white chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.