- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 1⁄3 cups bananas, ripe and mashed (about 3 large)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream the butter with the sugars.
- Beat in vanilla, eggs (1 at a time), zest, banana, and sour cream.
- Add flour mixture slowly and beat until it is just combined.
- Stir in the macadamia nuts and coconut.
- Pour batter into a greased (I use butter and a little flour) 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in center of preheated 350 degree oven for 40-50 minute or until tester comes out clean.