Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sweet and crunchy. Comes from Wild oats recipe card.
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened organic coconut, finely shredded
- 1 pinch salt
- 2⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons canola oil or 6 tablespoons high oleic sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon natural coconut extract
- 3⁄4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Blend the oats, flour, coconut, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together until completely incorporated the maple syrup, oil, vanilla, and coconut extract. Add to the oat mixture, stirring well to coat. Place mixture on a large oiled or lightly sprayed baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add the macadamia nuts, turning and stirring the granola to mix them inches Continue to bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow the granola to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in a cool dark place or in the refrigerator.