24 hrs 10 mins
Girl from India's Note:
This is how I make ice cream by hand. Do not have an ice cream maker. Try to use an alumninium tiffin or container as I find that they give the best results when the ice cream is made manually (freeze faster and better). You need to plan for this dish ahead as it takes 24 hours or more depending on when you find the time to beat it. I guess you can make it in an ice cream maker too, but I have no clue on time estimates then. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Churn dates in a food processor with a little coconut milk.
- 2Dissolve the cornflour in 2 tblsps of coconut milk and set aside.
- 3Mix the balance coconut milk and sugar in a pan.
- 4Add the date paste and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 5Add the cornflour paste when it comes to a boil.
- 6Reduce the flame and simmer for 2-3 minutes stirring.
- 7Keep aside to cool.
- 8Put the mix in an aluminium vessel and freeze for 6-7 hours or overnight.
- 9Take it out of the freezer and keep at room temperature.
- 10Beat cream over ice till light and fluffy.
- 11Beat the set ice cream too.
- 12Add the cream to this and mix well.
- 13Refreeze for 6-7 hours or overnight again.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut and Date Ice Cream (Handmade and Eggless)
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.3
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 22.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g