Recipe by DailyInspiration
A delicious-sounding grilled chicken from Weight Watchers (9 points per 1 skewer and 3/4 cup rice). Cooking time does not include rice.
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1⁄3 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks)
- 3 bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces (assorted colors)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened dried shredded coconut, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice according to the package directions, omitting the salt if desired. Meanwhile spray the grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high or prepare a medium-high fire.
- Combine the coconut milk, brown sugar, lime juice, garam masala, curry paste, and salt in a large bowl; add the chicken and toss until evenly coated. Alternately thread the chicken and bell peppers onto 4 (10-12 inch) metal skewers dividing it evenly. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes). Place the skewers on the grill rack and grill, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Serve over the rice sprinkled with toasted coconut.