Recipe by canthelpmyself
While not particularly healthy (high in sugar) this is a recipe I adapted to help us include more healthy fat and less animal fat in our diet. You can make it with butter instead if you want. I used what is callled "LSA mix" in Australia. Also, instead of cherries you can use pretty much any dried fruit (rehydrate it in some hot water first -cranberries are nice-) and fresh mangoes or apricots are especially nice. Have fun.
- 185 g coconut oil (melted)
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup cherries (halved and pitted)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup spelt flour
- 1⁄4 cup linseed sunflower seeds and almond mix (linseed or sunflower or almond)
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 180celsius and lightly grease and flour muffin or friand pans.
- whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold in the cherries, sugar, almond, LSA and flour.
- Gently fold in the coconut oil and pour into the pans. It will be very very wet.
- Lightly Sprinkle the coconut over the top and back for 20-25 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.