Recipe by DailyInspiration
This recipe was given to me by my neighbor who is one of my closest friends. The combination of the coconut milk, coconut oil, sweet potato and carrots is absolutely wonderful! Placing her recipe here for safekeeping.
Top Review by awalde
Delicious soup! I love this orange color and the ginger taste!
Done as described using 3 big carrots (1 pound). The only change was the addtion on coriander green, but other herbs like chives or parsley would be great as well.
Thanks a lot for this easy and beautiful soup!
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock (or chicken)
- 5 ounces coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon organic coconut oil