Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
sweet and tasty
- 1 packet plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup chopped toasted blanched almonds
- 1 cup coconut (and extra for sprinkling over top)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 drops almond essence
- 100 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- boiling water (to mix)
- Combine biscuit crumbs,almonds, coconut, lemon zest, juice and essence in a bowl.
- Place butter and condensed milk in a small saucepan, Stir over a low heat until the butter melts.
- Pour over biscuit mixture and mix well.
- Press mix into a 20x25 shallow tin.
- Refrigerate 1 hour until firm.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, adding sufficient boiling water to mix to a stiff paste.
- Spread over slice.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Sprinkle extra coconut over and keep stored in refrigerator.