Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Wonderful, creamy ambrosia salad that brings back memories of my childhood. Made with Mandarin oranges, pineapple whipped topping, coconut and marshmallows.
Top Review by CraftScout
We loved this! I used one 8 oz. tub of frozen whipped topping, one 15 oz. can mandarin oranges (because I thought the big can must be equal to 2 of the little ones and didn't buy any - doh!), 3/4 c. coconut (because we don't really like coconut, but I wanted to give it a fair try before I threw it out of the recipe), and the rest according to the recipe. My DH's family has something similar they make at every famiy gathering, they call it "Green Stuff". This was very close to that. I think (for us) when I make this again - and I WILL - I will cut out the coconut and decrease the marshmallows a smidge, and it will be BETTER than their green stuff! :) Even DH agrees to that statement.
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 1⁄2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix (1-2 pkgs.)
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk