Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A most interesting recipe that was published in our local newspaper. Thought that you just may enjoy it like we did.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies, lightly toasted
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus
- extra butter, for greasing dish and spoon
- 1 (8 ounce) box almond paste, grated
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- Butter a 9" x 9" baking pan or casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, measure rice krispy cereal and set aside.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, add coconut flakes and almonds and dry roast over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the coconut and almonds start to turn golden; about 4 minutes.
- Immediately pour into the bowl with the cereal and mix well.
- In the same frying pan melt butter over low heat.
- Add the grated almond paste and marshmallows.
- Cook over low heat until all ingredients are melted and smooth; about 5 minutes.
- Immediately pour almond-marsmallow mixture into the bowl of cereal.
- Butter a large spoon and mix contents thoroughly until well incorporated.
- Press krispy treat mixture into the buttered dish.
- Cool until firm enough to cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.