Recipe by HokiesMom
Nice for a brunch or even use as a nice snack. Combination of coconut, almonds and mini chocolate chips. Yummy!
Top Review by Nikoma
Love these! One of the best muffins I have ever made. Moist, dense, baked up nice and high. Perfectly sweetened for me. I too like that the recipe only makes six, and the measurements are easily doubled for when I make them for company (which I will!) I liked the chocolate chips however next time I'll probably replace them with dried cherries or cranberries. Thanks a lot for posting!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- additional sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, butter and extract.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Sprinkle with almonds (and additional sugar if desired).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.