Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is so good if you like coconut and almonds. It is very easy and quick to put together
- 6 cups toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped or 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 7 ounces package almond paste, grated
- 10 1⁄2 ounces miniature marshmallows
- Butter a 7- by 11-inch baking dish, set aside.
- Measure cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- Add coconut flakes and almonds to a large nonstick skillet. Dry roast over medium-high heat, sriring frequently, until ingredients start to turn golden. pour into bowl with cereal.
- In the same skillet melt the butter over a low heat, add the grated almond paste and marshmellows. Stirring constantly cook until all the ingredients are melted and smooth.
- Immediately pour almond-marshmallow mixture into bowl of cereal. Combine with buttered spoon until all ingrediends are incorporated.
- Press crispy treats into the buttered dish. Cool until firm enough to cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.