Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This one is from both the Eagle Brand and Crisco websites.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut, plus
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut (keep divided)
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (make sure it's the sweetened condensed)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (3 ounce) packagecook & serve vanilla pudding mix (the small 4 serving size and not instant)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- fresh fruit (optional)
- Heat oven to 325ºF. Coat 9-inch pie plate with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine 1 1/3 cups coconut, chopped almonds and butter. Reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish. Press remaining coconut mixture firmly in bottom and up sides of pie plate to form crust. Bake 20 minutes. Cool.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks in heavy saucepan. Add water, almond extract and pudding mix; stir until well blended. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool 15 minutes.
- Whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add to cooled filling. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup coconut. Pour into prepared crust. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Whip heavy cream and powdered sugar to a stiff peak. Top pie with whipped cream just before serving. Garnish with reserved coconut mixture and fresh fruit.