This one is from both the Eagle Brand and Crisco websites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut, plus
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (keep divided)
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (make sure it's the sweetened condensed)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (3 ounce) package cook & serve vanilla pudding mix (the small 4 serving size and not instant)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- fresh fruit (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 325ºF. Coat 9-inch pie plate with no-stick cooking spray.
- 2Combine 1 1/3 cups coconut, chopped almonds and butter. Reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish. Press remaining coconut mixture firmly in bottom and up sides of pie plate to form crust. Bake 20 minutes. Cool.
- 3Combine sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks in heavy saucepan. Add water, almond extract and pudding mix; stir until well blended. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool 15 minutes.
- 4Whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add to cooled filling. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup coconut. Pour into prepared crust. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- 5Whip heavy cream and powdered sugar to a stiff peak. Top pie with whipped cream just before serving. Garnish with reserved coconut mixture and fresh fruit.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Almond Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.6
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 192.5 mg
- Sodium 389.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 46.3 g
- Protein 11.8 g