If you like the classic chocolate no-bake cookies, these might be right up your alley. These cookies are loaded with coconut and oatmeal and held together with a mixture of fudgy, decadent chocolate and almond butter. If you prefer a stronger almond flavor, feel free to substitute almond extract in place of the vanilla extract. Yummy, chewy and rich--these cookies beg to be paired with a tall glass of ice-cold milk. Yum!
- In a large saucepan, stir together sugar, cocoa and salt. Then stir in milk.
- Cut butter into 1 tbs. chunks and add it to the saucepan as well as the corn syrup. Place saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until mixture reaches a slow-rolling boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly as to avoid burning on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in almond butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in oatmeal and coconut until thoroughly incorporated, and mixture begins to stiffen.
- Immediately drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Allow to cool for at least 1 hour to ensure cookies harden properly.
- Store in an air-tight container and enjoy!