Recipe by ~Robyn~
I got this from a friend, it is to die for! I love to serve it with jasmin rice and steamed broccoli.
Top Review by Laura123
I enjoyed the coconut coating on the chicken..I was surprised at how much coconut flavor came through and was very glad it did. I used the coconut milk to dredge as called for and finely chopped the almonds. I used slivered almonds and it worked great. The sauce was very flavorful and was a great compliment to the crispy chicken. I cooked my chicken for 35 minutes, didn't bother to turn them, and it was nicely juicy. Served this over rice.
- 6 chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 (6 ounce) can coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 scallion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine chopped almonds and.
- coconut in shallow dish: set aside.
- Pour coconut milk in a shallow dish.
- Salt and pepper both sides of chicken breast fillets.
- Dip fillets into coconut milk and then the almond coconut mixture.
- Place onto lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning once.
- Sauce: In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute scallion and garlic until golden.
- Add curry and ginger and cook for one minute.
- Add apricot preserves, honey and soy sauce. Cover and simmer,stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Poor sauce over chicken over Jasmine Rice.
- I've made this without the coconut milk before -- I.
- just dipped the chicken into 1 lightly beaten egg.