Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is converted from a peanut sauce recipe that was originally meant to be served cold. I thought it was better warm. you can serve this dish with just about any grain. I suggest rice noodles. It tastes rich and hearty. This could also be done with tofu in place of the chicken for vegetarians.
- 2 -3 chicken breasts
- 2 heads broccoli, plus the stalk chopped
- 4 green onions, white part only, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons wheat free tamari
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 lb thin rice noodles
- 1⁄4 cup roasted nuts, for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries, for garnish
- 1.Saute the garlic and onions until softened and slightly brown. Combine all sauce ingredients in blender with garlic and onions and blend until smooth.
- 2.Cook noodles according to package.
- 3.Add blended sauce to a fry pan, add broccoli and chicken, cover, and cook until chicken is done. Before serving add cranberries and nuts.