Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious crispy chicken dish I found on www.shakeoffthesugar.com. Low carb with plenty of taste. We experimented with sauces to add some extra flavor.
- 1⁄3 cup almonds
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened coconut (dried or fresh)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 large chicken breast halves (skinless)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray or grease it with butter.
- Chop the almonds in a food processor and place in a shallow dish. Add the grated coconut, curry powder and salt. Set aside.
- Prepare the chicken by rinsing it under cool water. Remove any fat deposits and pat dry with a paper towel. Lay on a paper towel while you melt the butter.
- Place the melted butter in a small bowl or melt the butter in the bowl in a microwave.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the melted butter, then in the almond coconut mixture. Place the coated chicken in the baking dish in a single layer. drizzle any leftover butter over the chicken and sprinkle with remainder of the coconut almond mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
Outstanding dish . Served with an orange marmalade sauce and jasmine rice. Easy to make.