Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 x 8 square pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Next, beat in egg and almond extract.
- Mix coconut with dry ingredients and gradually add to butter-sugar mixture.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until brown.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan; remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Cut into 24 bars.