Recipe by Abi Fae
I got tired of peanut butter and almond butter cups and wanted something a little less heavy, but still with tons of fat. Cooking time is refrigeration time. I use a 72% chocolate baking bar or 88% green & black's chocolate. I use Gherredeli's 100% unsweetened chocolate. I get freshly ground almond butter at the health food store. **** add 145 calories to each bar and 119 of fat and 1.5 net carbs for the coconut butter.
- 16 ounces coconut butter
- 16 ounces almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 5 1⁄3 ounces dark chocolate
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the coconut butter and almond butter on low heat. To get the coconut butter out of the jar, you can place it in a sauce pan of water and heat on medium. Once it starts getting melty, remove from the water, dump the water, and place the butters into the saucepan. Mix thoroughly and add the maple syrup, if desired.
- Add in coconut and sunflower seeds. Mix well. Spray an 11x7 pan with grapeseed oil or almond oil. Pour mixture into pan and refrigerate until it has set, at least 15 minutes.
- Over low heat, or in a double boiler, melt the chocolates and butter. Pour over the mixture once it has set. Refrigerate until the chocolate is solid, about half an hour to an hour.