Recipe by BeckyF
This recipe is from "Kona on My Plate: A Hawaii Community Cookbook. This recipe can be used as a salad serving 3 to 4, or as a pupu (hors d'oeuvres) serving 8 to 12.
- 10 ounces coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon horseradish, grated
- 12 ounces sashimi-grade ahi, cubed into medium pieces
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1 scallion, julienned
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring coconut milk, ginger and horseradish to a boil and reduce by a quarter.
- Strain out ginger and horseradish through fine sieve and allow coconut milk to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine raw tuna and tomato with coconut sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a serving bowl and garnish with julienned onion and scallion.
- Yields 3 to 4 salad serving or 8 to 12 pupu (hors d'oeuvres) servings.