Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A sassy Filipino specialty.
Make and share this Coconut Adobo Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1⁄2 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 lb shelled deveined shrimp
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, to garnish
- In a large skillet, heat coconut milk, ginger and garlic to boiling over high heat.
- Add tomato, lime juice and shrimp.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Stir in cilantro and green onions and top with almonds.
- Serve with rice or pasta.