Recipe by Pets'R'us
If you like cranberries and coconut there is a very good chance you"ll love these!
Top Review by BeachGirl
Escellent taste, light texture - very much like a coffee cake in texture. The flavor of coconut was NOT overpowering. These reminded me of spice cake with the added goodness of cranberries and coconut. I substituted 1/2 tsp. each cinnamon and nutmeg, as I did't have any pumpkin pie spice. After they came out of the oven (baked 40 min.), I dressed them up with a little powdered sugar glaze drizzled on top. These would be delicious and nutritious for breakfast, and I will make them again. Thanks PetsRus.
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 medium finely grated carrot
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 7X11 baking pan.
- In a large bowl mix the first 8 ingredients,mix well.
- Add the eggs,milk and carrot,mix again.
- Turn into the greased pan and level out.
- Bake for 25/30 min.
- until golden brown,and it springs back when pressed with your finger.
- Cool completely and cut into bars/squares.