Recipe by Sackville
I came up with these muffins when I was trying to add a bit of extra fiber to my normal banana muffin, and also had some coconut to use up! I freeze them and then grab one for breakfast on-the-go.
- 3⁄4 cup coconut (unsweetened)
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup strong whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups mashed bananas (4 large bananas)
- 1⁄3 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 375 F or 190 degrees C.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Beat the egg, banana and melted butter in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until the batter is well mixed.
- Pour into greased muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.