Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of a number of historical recipes I am posting from my cookbook collection. This recipe is adapted from the Rumford Complete Cookbook. The recipe title is not a misspelling. Cook time is chilling time. Number of servings is a guess.
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 chili peppers
- salad dressing (vinaigrette or an old-fashioned French dressing such as French Dressing (1908))
- lettuce (optional)
- tomato, centers scooped out (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Place in bowl and cover with dressing.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Serve in lettuce cups or in scooped-out tomatoes.