Prep 45 mins
Cook 16 mins
Easy to make chocolate cookies with cocoa & mini chocolate chips. The recipe makes 4 1/2 dozen cookies. Baking time is 16 minutes per batch. The recipe courtesy ivillage.com.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cut up (2 sticks)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a food processor with knife blade attached, pulse pecans with 1/2 cup powdered sugar until pecans are finely ground.
- Add butter and vanilla and process until smooth, occasionally stopping food processor to scrape side with rubber spatula.
- Add flour and cocoa and pulse until evenly mixed; add chocolate chips and pulse JUST until combined.
- With floured hands, shape dough by rounded measuring teaspoons into 1-inch balls; place balls, 1 inch apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 16 to 18 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned; transfer cookies to wire rack to cool slightly.
- Sift remaining 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar onto waxed paper.
- While cookies are still warm, roll in powdered sugar to coat; return to wire rack to cool completely; when cool, gently roll cookies in powdered sugar again.
- Store cookies in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 2 weeks, or in freezer up to 3 months.