Prep 3 hrs
Cook 12 mins
Something I haven't tried yet, but plan to. It's calling my name!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup coffee, strong recommended
- 1 (11 ounce) package pie crust mix
- 2 cups heavy cream
- semisweet mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, Crisco, and coffee in small saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and creamy.
- Bring to room temperature.
- Place pie crust mixture in medium mixing bowl and stir in 3/4 C of cocoa mixture, blending very well.
- Shape into a smooth ball and chill 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with foil and mark 2 8" circles on each.
- Place dough on foil and spread into circles.
- Bake 375* for 10-12 minutes.
- Add remaining cocoa mixture to cream in small bowl and beat until stiff.
- Place one pastry round on a serving plate, spread with 1/4 of cream mixture.
- Repeat layering with remaining rounds and top with cream.
- Chill several hours and top with mini chips.