Decadent chocolate bites with minty filling!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2In a medium bowl, sir together flour, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- 3Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 4In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and the cold water.
- 5Gradually stir egg yolk mixture into flour mixture.
- 6Gently knead the dough just until a ball forms.
- 7If necessary, cover dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.
- 8Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 9Divide dough into 36 pieces.
- 10Press dough pieces onto bottoms and up sides of 1-3/4-inch muffin cups.
- 11Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until shells are firm.
- 12Cool in muffin cups for 5 minutes.
- 13Remove shells from muffin cups; cool completely.
- 14Peppermint Filling:.
- 15In a large bowl, combine butter, marshmallow creme and peppermint extract.
- 16Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- 17Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar.
- 18Beat in 1 tablespoon milk.
- 19Beat in 1 cup powdered sugar.
- 20Using a wooden spoon, stir in 1 cup powdered sugar.
- 21If necessary, stir in enough additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a filling of piping consistency.
- 22Using a pastry bag fitted with an open star tip, pipe Peppermint Cream Filling into shells.
- 23Sprinkle filling with crushed peppermint candies.
- 24TO STORE: Layer unfilled shells between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover.
- 25Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- 26Thaw shells, if frozen. Fill as directed in Step 3.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa Tassies With Peppermint Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 32.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g