Decadent chocolate bites with minty filling!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2In a medium bowl, sir together flour, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- 3Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 4In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and the cold water.
- 5Gradually stir egg yolk mixture into flour mixture.
- 6Gently knead the dough just until a ball forms.
- 7If necessary, cover dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.
- 8Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 9Divide dough into 36 pieces.
- 10Press dough pieces onto bottoms and up sides of 1-3/4-inch muffin cups.
- 11Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until shells are firm.
- 12Cool in muffin cups for 5 minutes.
- 13Remove shells from muffin cups; cool completely.
- 14Peppermint Filling:.
- 15In a large bowl, combine butter, marshmallow creme and peppermint extract.
- 16Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- 17Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar.
- 18Beat in 1 tablespoon milk.
- 19Beat in 1 cup powdered sugar.
- 20Using a wooden spoon, stir in 1 cup powdered sugar.
- 21If necessary, stir in enough additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a filling of piping consistency.
- 22Using a pastry bag fitted with an open star tip, pipe Peppermint Cream Filling into shells.
- 23Sprinkle filling with crushed peppermint candies.
- 24TO STORE: Layer unfilled shells between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover.
- 25Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- 26Thaw shells, if frozen. Fill as directed in Step 3.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa Tassies With Peppermint Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 32.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g