Recipe by Theresa/ Thunderbird
This recipe is from Alton Brown at Food TV,it look so good and easy to make.
Top Review by Bobbin
This recipe is so easy to make that I had my kids help me. I made as directed EXCEPT I left out the corn syrup. It truly is not needed. This would be excellent on ice cream. We used it this morning to make chocolate milk and it was wonderful. My husband even said it was better than the store bought stuff; it tastes like hot fudge milk to me (hot fudge sauce mixed with milk)! It does thicken in the fridge, but it still dissolves in the milk once stirred. Yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pot, bring water and sugar to a boil and whisk in cocoa, vanilla, salt, and corn syrup.
- Whisk until all of the solids have dissolved.
- Reduce sauce until slightly thickened.
- Strain and cool to room temperature.
- Pour into squeeze bottles.
- Squeeze into cold milk and stir for delicious chocolate milk or serve on your favorite ice cream.