Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Alton Brown at Food TV,it look so good and easy to make.
Make and share this Cocoa Syrup recipe from Food.com.
- In a small pot, bring water and sugar to a boil and whisk in cocoa, vanilla, salt, and corn syrup.
- Whisk until all of the solids have dissolved.
- Reduce sauce until slightly thickened.
- Strain and cool to room temperature.
- Pour into squeeze bottles.
- Squeeze into cold milk and stir for delicious chocolate milk or serve on your favorite ice cream.
This recipe is so easy to make that I had my kids help me. I made as directed EXCEPT I left out the corn syrup. It truly is not needed. This would be excellent on ice cream. We used it this morning to make chocolate milk and it was wonderful. My husband even said it was better than the store bought stuff; it tastes like hot fudge milk to me (hot fudge sauce mixed with milk)! It does thicken in the fridge, but it still dissolves in the milk once stirred. Yummy!
Wonderful flavor. I used sea salt instead of kosher. My only bad was that I didn't have an estimate of how long to cook, so mine is too thick... Still tastes divine, but a little thick to make chocolate milk. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
A very chocolatey sauce that hits the spot. I didn't add any salt. I also think I may have cooked it for too long as, once cooled it was VERY thick, which is okay anway. I stored mine in the fridge instead of at room temperature. I also only made 1 cup worth. This is a really good chocolate sauce that is virtually fat free and lower in calories than some. Delicious on frozen yogurt and ice cream!! Thanks!