Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Make a batch of this up to have on hand. Great on pork tenderloin, chops, or even steaks. I might try this on tofu as well. I got this recipe from Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello
- 1 tablespoon whole white peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seed
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 4 tablespoons sea salt or 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, toast white peppercorns and coriander seeds until they begin to pop.
- Remove from heat and grind to fine powder in a spice mill, coffee grinder or mortar& pestle.
- Mix the ground pepper and coriander with remaining spices, cocoa and salt.
- Cocoa spice rub will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
It was the cocoa powder that drew me to this recipe, being the chocolate lover I am. I cut it in half and used it on porkchops...It was great. Next time I will make a full batch.