Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Spice up your squash with a cocoa powder-cayenne mixture.
- 78.07 ml cocoa powder
- 14.79 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 3 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 6 pounds)
- 59.14 ml canola oil or 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 177.44 ml slivered almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder, salt, cayenne, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Arrange the squash chunks on two large baking sheets. Drizzle the oil over the squash and toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the cocoa mixture over the squash and toss to coat.
- Roast for 45 to 55 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
Loved this recipe, Did not think chocolate and squash would go together but then again i love chocolate!! Also loved the hint of cinnamon, tasted great. Will be cooking this more often.
I just really can't praise this enough. It was the best butternut squash I have ever had! The only thing I did differently was to reduce the coco powder a little. The chocolate with the touch of cayenne was awesome. Thank you for this.