- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 6 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder, salt, cayenne, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Arrange the squash chunks on two large baking sheets. Drizzle the oil over the squash and toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the cocoa mixture over the squash and toss to coat.
- Roast for 45 to 55 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.