This is my Dad's favorite cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening and the sugar.
- 3Beat in the eggs until fluffy.
- 4In a seperate bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
- 5Alternating with the milk, blend the dry mixture into the egg mixture.
- 6Grease a bundt or 9x9" baking pan.
- 7Mix the cocoa and the walnuts together in a small bowl.
- 8Spoon 1/3 of the batter into the pan.
- 9Sprinkle 1/2 of the cocoa mix on top of this.
- 10Repeat layers with batter& cocoa, ending with batter.
- 11Bake for approximately 35 minutes.
- 12Let stand for 5 minutes when done.
- 13Turn onto a plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa Ripple Ring
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.2
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.1 mg
- Sodium 224.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweetened cocoa powder