Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My son had a friend over to play today so I wanted to make a special dessert for lunch. These were well-received by 3 picky kids and one grateful mom. I am definitely making them again!
- 3 cups COCOA KRISPIES® cereal
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (or 20 big ones)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips (like Reese's)
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes (stir after one minute).
- Add Rice Krispies.
- Stir until ingredients are combined.
- Spread in an 8 by 8 square pan that has been greased with butter.
- I put margarine on my hands to make the spreading part easier.
- Melt peanut butter chips in the microwave.
- Spread on top of bars.
These are a great twist on the classic rice krispie treats. I did have a hard time spreading the peanut butter chips over the bars. I probably should have added some shortening to make spreading easier. Thanks for a good easy recipe!