This is my all-time favorite treat, which you can find at Liliha Bakery in Kalihi. Although this is not exactly the same as their's (because I'm convinced that nobody will ever get their hands on that beloved recipe), this is a close call. I found this at AlohaWorld. Timing is not exact.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packets Dream Whip topping mix
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 3/4 cups cold milk
- 1Chantilly Frosting:.
- 2Combine milk, sugar, butter, egg yolks and vanilla.
- 3Cook stirring constantly, over medium heat for 12 minutes, until mixture thickens.
- 4Add vanilla extract.
- 5Chill 1 hour covered with a piece of plastic wrap directly on surface for proper spreading consistency.
- 6For Filling:.
- 7Combine all ingredients and beat with an electric mixer for 6-7 minutes on highest speed.
- 8For Choux:.
- 9Boil water and block of butter.
- 10Remove from heat, dump in flour.
- 11Stir until ball of dough forms and pulls away form the sides of saucepan.
- 12Mix in eggs one at a time, beat for 1 minute before adding the next.
- 13Scoop onto foiled cookie sheet.
- 14Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes then lower heat to 325 degrees for 30-35 minute (Puffs should look dry. They should peel off the foil and tip over when nudged gently with a wooden spoon.)
- 15Cool and cut off tops with a serrated knife. Fill, put back tops, and sprinkle w/10x sugar, or frost with chantilly frosting.
- 16* To fill without cutting off the tops, spoon filling into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip. Poke the tip trough the choux puff and squeeze the bag to fill the puff.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa Puffs W/Chantilly Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.5
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 30.1 g
- Cholesterol 191.0 mg
- Sodium 706.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 64.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g