Recipe by katew
Great for Easter - taken and adapted from a 2005 edition of Super Food ideas. I sometimes add choc chips to mixture especially at Easter time.
Top Review by Marissa G.
Moist, yummy muffins! I was wondering how the cocoa puffs would end up after being baked in a muffin--they were chewy, and the flavors blended well with the muffin. I also thought the addition of peanut butter to the batter would be good, so to half of the batch I added some and those were tasty too. If you're feeling like chocolate and pb, give it a try! I recommend 1/4 pb for a whole batch.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups Cocoa Puffs cereal (or Cocoa Pops)
- 100 g melted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Grease 12 x 1/2 cup muffin tin.
- Sift flour and cocoa into large bowl.
- Add sugar and 1 3/4 cups cocos puffs; stir well.
- Add butter,egg and buttermilk to dry ingredients. Stir till just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cocoa puffs.
- Bake 20 minutes, then stand 5 minutes.
- Then turn onto wire rack.
- Serve warm.