1/1 Photo of Cocoa Pistachio Pinwheels
karmakitchen gal's Note:
Good use for all that cookie dough we buy for fund raisers! Has nuts though, for you allergic people, and the 3 hours of refrigeration time is not included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Divide dough in half.
- 2Knead the pistachio pudding, chopped pistachio nuts and green food coloring into one half.
- 3Shape into a small rectangle.
- 4Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 5Into the remaining dough, knead the cocoa powder and the brown sugar.
- 6Shape into a small rectangle, wrap in plastic and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 7Roll out the pistachio dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper to a 12x8 inch rectangle.
- 8Repeat with chocolate dough, straightening edges with a ruler.
- 9Remove top sheet of waxed paper from chocolate dough.
- 10Remove the top and bottom sheets of waxed paper from pistachio dough and place it on top of chocolate dough leaving a 1/4-inch edge of chocolate showing on one long side.
- 11Starting with a long side, roll up doughs, jelly-roll fashion, using the bottom waxed paper as a guide and removing paper as you roll.
- 12Roll spirals as tightly as possible.
- 13Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 14Heat oven to 350°F.
- 15Cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- 16Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake for 12 minutes.
- 17Remove from baking sheets and cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa Pistachio Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 49.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant pistachio pudding mix