Good use for all that cookie dough we buy for fund raisers! Has nuts though, for you allergic people, and the 3 hours of refrigeration time is not included in prep time.
- Divide dough in half.
- Knead the pistachio pudding, chopped pistachio nuts and green food coloring into one half.
- Shape into a small rectangle.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Into the remaining dough, knead the cocoa powder and the brown sugar.
- Shape into a small rectangle, wrap in plastic and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Roll out the pistachio dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper to a 12x8 inch rectangle.
- Repeat with chocolate dough, straightening edges with a ruler.
- Remove top sheet of waxed paper from chocolate dough.
- Remove the top and bottom sheets of waxed paper from pistachio dough and place it on top of chocolate dough leaving a 1/4-inch edge of chocolate showing on one long side.
- Starting with a long side, roll up doughs, jelly-roll fashion, using the bottom waxed paper as a guide and removing paper as you roll.
- Roll spirals as tightly as possible.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool completely on a wire rack.