- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, salt.
- Add the sugar gradually to the shortening, creaming well.
- Blend in the 2 unbeaten eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the baking soda and water.
- Add alternately with dry ingredients to creamed mixture beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Blend thoroughly after each addition with the mixer on low speed.
- Fill 20 to 24 muffin pans one-half, lined with muffin paper cups.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the chocolate chips and the nuts over the cup cake batter.
- Bake in 375 oven for 20-25 minutes.