Recipe by Suzanne S.
Another one I tried over Christmas. Delicious results!
Top Review by Amanda Beth
These are delicious! I used very finely chopped pecans, because I don't have the patience to grind them. But they were terrific! They taste like chocolate Mexican Wedding Cakes. The dough is very easy to work with. The cookies are delicate, however, so be careful when transferring from cookie sheet to cooling rack. They are wonderful!! Thanks for the recipe; I will make them again!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground pecans
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, blending well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Cover; refrigerate dough 1 hour, or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- For each cookie, shape scant 1 tablespoon dough into log about 2 ½ inches long; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Shape each log into crescent shape, tapering ends.
- Bake 13-15 minutes, or until set.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Roll in confectioners sugar.