Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Eaten right out of the oven these are light and moist.......if allowed to sit, they become more dense like traditional brownies. Both are good......and the recipe is large enough to sample both ways!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and sugar together in a 3 quart saucepan. Add vanilla and cocoa and stir well. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Stir in eggs one at a time. Stir in flour. Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake 30-35 minutes. Let cool slightly and cut into squares.