Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious NO BAKE cookie, with chocolate, peanut butter, and oatmeal. I recieved this recipe from a teacher when I was in the 4th grade, (about 1972), and it has been a favorite in our family since! I usually double (sometimes quadruple) the recipe, and I like extra oatmeal in mine.
- 1⁄8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Mix cocoa and milk in a sauce pan.
- Stir in the sugar and butter and bring to a boil, for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and oatmeal.
- Drop by spoonful onto waxpaper.
- Let cool until firm.
My mom copied this from a book compiled of favorite recipes submitted by my classmates when I was in grade school. She made this exact recipe (which I too copied down) frequently when I was growing up and it was always one of our favorites. She now makes it for my niece. Mom doubles the ingredients and pours the mixture in an 8x8 dish to cool rather than dropping on wax paper. When cool, she cuts into bars (similar to brownies).