Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We love these chocolaty whole wheat pancakes as a special breakfast treat. The yogurt and raspberries add moisture and sweetness. From Taste of Home Good Food for Kids!
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the milk, egg substitute and butter; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is lightly browned. Serve with the raspberries and yogurt.
- Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.