Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Robin Hood - can't wait to try them!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Stir together flour, sugar, oats, cocoa, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Beat eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla in small bowl.
- Add milk mixture and nuts all at once to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 400°Ffor 15 to 20 minutes, or until done.
- Serve warm with Honey Spread (Beat together 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter and 1/3 cup (75 mL) honey until smooth. Makes about 3/4 cup).
I replaced the nuts with chocolate chips because my kids don't like nuts. They were delicious! I made a double batch, and they just disappeared.
Yummy! Used coconut for the nuts and came out moist. A tad salty. Made a simple chocolate butter cream frosting and these were delish. Made recipe as written-not runny as suggested by one reviewer. Would make again.
I tried these tonight, following the recipe (though next time I'll substitute apple sauce in for the margerine I used). I also added a tsp of cinnamon, and a 1/4 tsp of each: ginger, cloves, nutmeg and then added trail mix that has nuts, sunflower seeds and currents (I crushed the nuts so that they're not an "offensive" texture in the middle of the muffin). Happy to say they're delish! :)