Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this recipe for safe keeping. I got this recipe from The South Beach Diet Parties & Holidays Cookbook. Each serving is 2/3 cup. Make Ahead: Mousse can be prepared up to 1 day in advance; chill in dessert cups, covered with plastic wrap, until ready to serve. Top with almonds and coconut, if using, just before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, plus some for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, plus some for garnish
- 4 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular, sugar substitute, plus
- 1 teaspoon Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup light whipped topping or 1 cup fat-free whipped topping
- Heat oven to 275. Spread almonds on a baking sheet and toast until golden and fragrant, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool. Spread coconut on the baking sheet and toast until golden, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat ricotta with an electric mixer at high speed until light and airy, about 4 minutes. Add cocoa powder, sugar substitute, and almond and vanilla extracts; beat just until blended. Fold in whipped topping, almonds, and coconut.
- Spoon mousse into 8 dessert cups; cover and chill at least 2 hours. To serve, remove mousse from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with a few almonds and a little coconut, if desired.