Recipe by BodyFiiT's CookingLean
”Sandra Jean's, Not So Lean "Cocoa Nut, Coconut Pie" Won a 1st prize in local pie contest! Sinful but delicious! Homemade buttery pie crust is best, enjoy...... SJ”
- 118.29 ml dark brown sugar
- 88.74 ml cocoa powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 118.29 ml chopped macadamia nuts
- 118.29 ml chopped cashews
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
- 236.59 ml bakers sugar
- 3 eggs
- 73.94 ml melted butter
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 141.74 g sweetened flaked coconut
- 9 inch unbaked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together brown sugar, cocoa powder and salt, set aside.
- Prepare nuts, set aside.
- Whip heavy cream till peaks form.
- Mix bakers sugar (a little at a time) then eggs, butter and vanilla into heavy cream till well blended.
- Stir in brown sugar mix till blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into uncooked pie crust, cover edges of crust with foil, bake 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with coconut and bake additional 20 minutes till coconut is toasted to liking.
- Remove foil and cool for at least 2 hours, store in refrigerator.